Scores Per Minute - Cod247
Cod247

Go Back   Cod247 > Call of Duty: History > Call of Duty: Black Ops > Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer & Zombies Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Old 01-02-2011   #1
sspun13
Major

Credits: 5,238
Thumbscore: 0
My Social Networks:

Default Scores Per Minute

So we know that everyone's K/D Ratio should be at least 1:01 or higher in order to be pulling your weight. Anything over that is very good especially when you get closer to 2.00.

What about Scores per minute? Haven't really paid attention, what's an average number, 100?
sspun13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #2
C_Menz
Corporal

Credits: 20
My Social Networks:

I don't really go off of score per minute, unless if it is in an objective based game.

For example, using my leader board with just my friends I rank 4th in score per minute in TDM, the 3 people above me have K/D ratios of 1 or under and have a score/minute of 300-400. My score per minute is around 250, however I have a k/d ratio of 2.0 or higher in TDM.

It boggles my mind that the leader boards are sorted this way, since it ranks them higher for lets say going 23/30 in a match, rather than myself that usually averages around 16/4.
C_Menz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #3
sweaty groat
Yorkshire Scum

Credits: 19,022
Thumbscore: 3
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Sweaty groat
My Social Networks:

100% agree,mines 206 per min with a KDR of 2.88 this week

Burn.Seatown campers

sweaty groat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #4
sspun13
Major

Credits: 5,238
My Social Networks:

I haven't paid attention to it. Is this an overall leaderboard? Or specfic game types? I can see how that would work in a game mode that involves planting or capturing, but not in TDM game modes.
sspun13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #5
Cileth
Sergeant

Credits: 334
My Social Networks:

This was after a day of playing this week

currently my weekly score per minute is hovering around 370 with a 3.10 kdr thats with 4000 kills in tdm :s

In my opinion score per minute(with a decent kdr) definitely equals better players. You can't get 300+ score per minute sitting in corners or playing defensive. You have to run around and constantly be getting kills. And if you have a good kd that means you're running around getting a lot of kills and not dying. That alone differentiates good players from noobs. Noobs will try to rush and get owned or break even.
Cileth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #6
sweaty groat
Yorkshire Scum

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cileth View Post
This was after a day of playing this week

currently my weekly score per minute is hovering around 370 with a 3.10 kdr thats with 4000 kills in tdm :s

In my opinion score per minute(with a decent kdr) definitely equals better players. You can't get 300+ score per minute sitting in corners or playing defensive. You have to run around and constantly be getting kills. And if you have a good kd that means you're running around getting a lot of kills and not dying. That alone differentiates good players from noobs. Noobs will try to rush and get owned or break even.
I think it should be based on KDR alone,too many people with a crap KDR but a higher score per min than me,for example

Me:SPM:205 KDR2.85
some noob SPM:207 KDR1.20

And the noob is better than me according to the leaderboards?

Bullshit!

Burn.Seatown campers

Old 01-02-2011   #7
Rule of Two
Sergeant Major

Credits: 425
My Social Networks:

I average about 250+ SPM with a 1.90+ KDR overall. My TDM stats are higher.

SPM doesn't seem to be the best indicator because I, too, have people on my leadorboards with a higher SPM with a much worse KDR than mine.
Old 01-02-2011   #8
Cileth
Sergeant

Credits: 334
My Social Networks:

In tdm it is about KDR but score per minute combined with a good kdr definitely shows better players. I would rather have the guy with a 2.85 kdr on my team with lower score per minute. Just means that since that person is back playing defensively, most likely, there will be more people to kill running around
Cileth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #9
sweaty groat
Yorkshire Scum

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cileth View Post
In tdm it is about KDR but score per minute combined with a good kdr definitely shows better players. I would rather have the guy with a 2.85 kdr on my team with lower score per minute. Just means that since that person is back playing defensively, most likely, there will be more people to kill running around
I hang back,so when the spawn changes,our team don't all get shot in the back,i like to cover the rushers as they storm forward and help em out,people run out in the open and die way too much in BO

Burn.Seatown campers

Old 01-02-2011   #10
Mitcheoj
Private

Credits: 763
My Social Networks:

SPM, Is where you get a score lets say 20,000 in an hour and then divide by 60 which is a score of 333.333 that's how it does it it's not by your KDR or anything it's just your amount kills/objectives. If you do objective based gamemode you will have a higher SPM, but you need to be doing those objective to get that SPM high(er)
Mitcheoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #11
C_Menz
Corporal

My Social Networks:

SPM only counts in a specific game mode, so domination scores wont effect TDM.
C_Menz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #12
Voodoo
General

Credits: 10,291
Thumbscore: 16
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: MJCdota
My Social Networks:
Visit afterlifedota's Twitch Channel
Console: PC-Gamer Headset: SteelSeries-Siberia-V2

400 spm
Old 01-02-2011   #13
RICHIECJR
Master Sergeant

Credits: 1,047
My Social Networks:

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspun13 View Post
I haven't paid attention to it. Is this an overall leaderboard? Or specific game types? I can see how that would work in a game mode that involves planting or capturing, but not in TDM game modes.
So basically you have a guy who runs and guns, but his K/D ratio is below 50% ,but he has a better SPM. Then he can be on the other team, because on TDM he'll cause the team to lose. Now on other games he may be going for the flag and getting points for his team which will bring down his K/D ratio, but it helps his team win. There should be some way to combine K/d,wins,SPM and accuracy based on the type of game you are playing. Then you need some way for the player who does prestige, vs the guy who stops at 50 level one and has the good guns and perks. Anyway, it's all BS stats and just a GAME.
Old 01-11-2011   #14
oSNIPEnBOUNCEo
Recruit

My Social Networks:

Default Complain about SPM your prob a camper!!

What don't ppl get about score per minute? It's not dumb(unless your a camper)! SCORE PER MINUTE IS HOW SUCCESSFULLY AGGRESSIVE YOU PLAY... end of story! If you sit in a corner and wait 2min for a guy to walk around the corner into your bullets is that true skill? if you based the leaderboards on KDR that is all that you would see. A BUNCH OF GAY CAMPERS!!! Nobody likes a camper, not even a camper! So get off you ass, take down the tent and put out the fire! Its time to stop camping. play the game the way it was intended to be played. Its all about reading spawns and holding choke points from that spawn(yes you have to move to do that). a quick trigger finger and some accuracy always help. 1 more thing, you want to know the really good players from the rest you look at KDR and SPM. taking into account these two numbers is what will tell you the good from the ok.
oSNIPEnBOUNCEo is offline   Reply With Quote