Sensor Grenade - Cod247
Cod247

Go Back   Cod247 > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Forum > Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion Discussion about the multiplayer component of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Welcome to Black Ops 2 forum on CoD247

Old 12-07-2012   #1
codfish
General

Credits: 4,674
Thumbscore: 416
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: s-schully
My Social Networks:

Console: PS4-Gamer
Default Sensor Grenade

I feel like this tactical equipment has been written off and underused. This is probably due to the nature of the pick 10 system and that it isn't as good as the portable radar in the past. With that being said, it is something that people should try out. There was recently a patch on the PS3 and will be going through 360 tomorrow I believe. One of the parts of the patch was a buff to the sensor grenade. While I don't think the patch has gone through, I gave it a shot. I can really see the benefit of running this with something like scavenger. Especially if you're running and gunning. For those who haven't tried it, basically it is in between the UAV and Orbital VSAT. It doesn't stay for very long but gives you more than a good indication if the person is standing still or which direction they are moving. I only tried it for a few games but in each game I went positive and that was with non try hard experiment classes. One thing I'm unsure of is if points for assists are given with it, which is always a big plus. Every time I used it I was able to kill the person or he got away so I'm unsure. If you know please tell me.
codfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #2
codfish
General

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

For those interested, here are the details to the improvements made through the patch.

Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.

Everything that made the Sensor Grenade not worth a slot has been fixed. It is now a very practical and useful grenade to equip.
Old 12-07-2012   #3
TomOnDuty
honey badger

Credits: 21,778
Thumbscore: 229
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: Tos98ss
My Social Networks:

Console: PS4-Gamer Headset: AX-720

You say it's like vstat do you mean it pins them to the radar like a recon drone . Cause i know it doesn't have the arrows . But that's good info I may give em another shot especially since the radius is bigger now .
TomOnDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #4
codfish
General

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnDuty View Post
You say it's like vstat do you mean it pins them to the radar like a recon drone . Cause i know it doesn't have the arrows . But that's good info I may give em another shot especially since the radius is bigger now .
Yea I believe that's how the recon drone worked but I forget. Basically it pings like the UAV but shows the person in the form of the VSAT; as a triangle showing the direction their pointing. The big complaint was the ping was too slow, so with that being improved it I'm sure more people will try it out. I don't believe there's a counter to it but I could be wrong.
Old 12-07-2012   #5
TomOnDuty
honey badger

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codfish View Post
Yea I believe that's how the recon drone worked but I forget. Basically it pings like the UAV but shows the person in the form of the VSAT; as a triangle showing the direction their pointing. The big complaint was the ping was too slow, so with that being improved it I'm sure more people will try it out. I don't believe there's a counter to it but I could be wrong.
The few times I used it I didn't get a triangle just the red dot maybe that was in the buff . So it's more like the recon perk then .
Old 12-07-2012   #6
codfish
General

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnDuty View Post
The few times I used it I didn't get a triangle just the red dot maybe that was in the buff . So it's more like the recon perk then .
I believe the recon perk was in real time though. Where you would see the person moving and their direction. It's pretty much a nerfed recon perk when you hit them with a grenade. The big benefit from the Sensor Grenade is that people don't seem to know when they have been hit. With more grenades people will get defensive but I with this I've always seemed to have been able to catch others off guard.
Old 12-07-2012   #7
VAL3R
STB Jet pack \\'arrior

Credits: 46,230
Thumbscore: 343
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: o VAL3R o
My Social Networks:
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/dan1610valer's Youtube Channel

Console: Xbox360-Gamer Headset: X12

i see where you are comin from but in all honesty for me rushin i use flash i cant wait to throw that look at the minimap to rush in and get done anyway i no they are there so would rather flash or sun as it takes ages to recover from.

i however could see a use for them on sniper class staying stationary and placing them behind you givin u time to adjust

SUB FOR NOODS

COD247 Twitter Page

Ghost grind
Reset stats 6th prestige
K/D 3.45
W/L 2.7
KEM \\'arrior count 42
Gun Streak 45
VAL3R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #8
mikek
Sergeant Major

Credits: 6,499
Thumbscore: 0
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: MikeyJayyy
My Social Networks:

Nooby question, but does your whole team see them on the minimap once hit with one of these, or just you?
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #9
codfish
General

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
Nooby question, but does your whole team see them on the minimap once hit with one of these, or just you?
almost positive the entire team can see.
Old 12-07-2012   #10
codfish
General

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

just checked. It can be seen by the entire team and I was incorrect about the counter. It can be countered by Cold Blooded which does hurt it a good amount but still worth trying out
Old 12-07-2012   #11
Bullet Time
Warrant Officer

Credits: 10,851
Thumbscore: 13
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: zSilverzBullitz
My Social Networks:

Console: Xbox360-Gamer Headset: X31

So... basically this is the recon perk from MW3 (or am I missing something). If it is, I'm definitely using it in my Ground War classes because Scavenger+ Sensor grenade+ NO KNOWN COUNTER= UAV without the killstreak. The buff may also replace the now tougher UAV, but this just the perspective of someone that has never used the grenade.
Bullet Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #12
TomOnDuty
honey badger

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

It's like recon but its not constant on the map it pings like a uav .the radar sweeps the map
Old 12-08-2012   #13
TomOnDuty
honey badger

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

This doesn't ping its pretty much the recon perk from mw3 but it seems to linger longer any one that goes in the radius pops up in real time
Old 12-09-2012   #14
Ht0wn G
In a world, where ...

Credits: 11,166
Thumbscore: 404
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Ht0wn G PSN ID: Ht0wnG_83
My Social Networks:

Console: PS4-Gamer Headset: Turtle-Beach-PX21

I love the Sensor Grenade. I use them when I'm trying to knock out the "No perk/attachment" challenges for weapons & just run a Primary, 2 lethals & 2 tacticals.

I'm gonna combo it with Scavenger and try it out this week.

It's good that the nades are getting a bit of a buff. They are just like the Recon perk mixed with the Orbital VSAT - only counter is of course Cold Blooded. BUt enemies not running it show up instantly if within the vicinity of it when you throw them, so it's definitely ahead of flash nades & other less than useful tactical equipment.
Old 12-16-2012   #15
TomOnDuty
honey badger

Gamer IDs:
My Social Networks:

These are awsome on hardpoint to find out which corner of the room the guy is going to be in .